In order for MightyText to function properly, it needs to set cookies. See your browser instructions below.
1) In the Chrome address bar, enter: chrome://settings/content
2) Make sure Allow local data to be set (recommended) is selected
3) Make sure Block third-party cookies and site data is NOT checked, then click DONE
4) Reload the MightyText web app in your browser.
NOTE: If you don't want to allow cookies, to add an exception if you only want to allow MightyText, click "Manage Exceptions...", and add the following Hostname Patterns: textyserver.appspot.com AND mighty-app.appspot.com AND mightytext.net. Set behavior to "Allow" for these exceptions
1) On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences
2) Select the Privacy panel.
3) Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
4) Make sure Accept Cookies from sites and Accept third-party cookies boxes are checked
OR, to add an exception if you only want to allow MightyText, click the Exceptions button, and add https://textyserver.appspot.com AND https://mighty-app.appspot.com and click Allow
5) Reload the MightyText web app
As of 2019, MightyText is incompatible with Safari. We highly encourage you to download our Desktop App for Mac
Internet Explorer (IE9 and IE10)
1) In IE, click the Settings icon, then select Internet Options
2) Select the Security tab
3) Click the Green Trusted Sites icon, then the Sites button
4) Under Add This Website to the Zone, type in https://textyserver.appspot.com, then hit Add. Then, add https://mightytext.net and https://mighty-app.appspot.com, and to this same list. Then hit Close, then OK. Please make sure you have typed in these URLS exactly, with the "https"
5) Make sure the box Require server verification (https:)... is UNCHECKED
6) Restart the IE9 or IE10 browser, then Launch MightyText Web App